Jervis Bay RoadJervis Bay 2540 JBT AU Get directions
Depart Kiama Railway Station Upstairs Departs 9:30am
Customize Your Day
Tucked away on the southern fringe of Hyams Beach, Booderee National Park is under the local aboriginal community traditional owners' control. Booderee National Park, was handed back to the Wreck Bay Aboriginal Community in 1995. It is one of only three National Parks in Australia owned by Aboriginal people – the others are Uluru and Kakadu in the Northern Territory. Greenpatch Beach is located within Booderee National Park and is another unspoilt nature lovers paradise. You will see kangaroos frolicking, colorful birds playing & perhaps dolphins resting nearby in the shallow waters off Greenpatch on some days. This evening you will be greeted by representatives of Booderee National Park's Aboriginal community & traditional owners where you will be taken on a remarkable journey. You can bring the whole family for this one and be captivated by their stories!
Dhugan Gambi Biritich – Campfire YarnsThis extraordinary evening tour is an amazing introduction to the Aboriginal culture of the "South Coast World" at Booderee National Park. Campfire yarns is a must. You are invited to join our private Aboriginal Campfire Yarns tonight. There is a limit of 60 people to attend each tour so book quickly to avoid disappointment because,
It's captivating!Have you ever heard a local Aboriginal person tell you the stories of the beginnings and beliefs of our South Coast world? By a warm campfire under a glistening dark sky be entranced, share the traditional owners famous billy tea and damper (Milo for kids) and a special insight into the aboriginal culture.
It’s unforgettable!Details if attending by own means When you arrive at Bristol Point - Booderee National Park you will be met by traditional owners of Booderee National Park & taken on a journey of discovery.
It's deadly!Graded: Easy
- You are seated
- Very little walking involved this experience will be suitable for most people
- Wheel chair accessible
You can extend your tour
- Add 1 x night accommodation
- Scenic Cruise on day 2
- visit Berry' Famous Donut Van
Day Tour Includes
- Visit Booderee National Park in Jervis Bay - one of only 3 Aboriginal owned parks managed by traditional owners
- Meet traditional owners who then take you on an Amazing cultural experience journey through story telling
- Experience a culturally prepared meal
- Aboriginal Cultural Experiences operate on scheduled dates or
- Contact us to request a private group tour (20+)
- All National Park Fees
Optional Upgrade (2 days)
- Extend your tour
- 1 night shared accommodation (book early to secure beach house) or cabin style
- Camping options available subject to availability (book early)
- A continental breakfast on day 2
- Jervis Bay Dolphin Eco Cruise or Shoalhaven River Cruise on day 2 (subject to availability)
- Visit Huskisson and Berry
- Travel via Kangaroo Valley on return to Sydney
- Sydney tours depart from Central Station (front of Country Trains) and travel to Kiama where you will have time to explore.
- If joining us in Kiama please meet your transfers to Jervis Bay at Kiama Station for departure (or as advised).
- We then travel via Nowra/Bomaderry & on to Jervis Bay.
- Ulladulla tours operate on scheduled days & will depart from the Information Centre.
- You will depart for Booderee National Park from Huskisson (Owen St) at 4:30 PM (seasonal time changes apply).
- After we enter Booderee National Park we drive on to Bristol Point where we will be met by traditional owners
- Your Aboriginal Culture Experience begins here.
- You will taken on an amazing journey!
- Return transfers depart immediately after the Aboriginal Culture Experience.